Malhargad fort is situated in western India near Saswad, 30 km from Pune. The village of Sonori located at its base so these fort known as Sonori Fort. This fort was named about the god Malhari and was the last fort built by the Marathas in 1775. The smaller temple for Lord Khandoba and the large temple for Lord Mahadeva are two temples constructed alongside. The city of Jejuri and Parvati Hills can be seen from this top of the fort. Also visible of Sinhagad, Purander, and Vijragad.
Malhargad fort was constructed during the time 1757 to 1760. And fort was constructed by Bhivrao Yashvant and Krishnaji Madhavrao Panse, a Peshwa Sardar, who was the head in charge of Tofkhana of the Peshwas. A place, belonging to Krishnaji Madhavrao Panse, can be visible in the Sonori village even if much of it is in remains.
Height: 3,100 feet
Visiting Time: All day
Time Duration: 2 to 3 Hours
Entry Fees: No entry fees