Korigad Fort comes under the 20 km south of Pune District in the state of Maharashtra, India. The date of its construction is not known, but the possible estimate is 1500. The fort is about 923 m (3,028 ft) above sea level and 200 m (660 ft) higher than the neighboring valleys. At the southern and eastern foothills of the fort lies the planned settlement of the Aamby Valley. About 1km to the north of the fort, Peth Shahpur is the nearest village. In 1657, Maratha ruler Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj, with the fort of Lohagad, Visapur, Tung, and Tikona, added this fort of his kingdom. On March 11, 1818, Colonel Prother tried to take possession of the fort, but after a long siege, he could not possible. Finally, on March 14th, he succeeded in burning the stored ammunition through the loose artillery, and the fort fell into the hands of the British.
To the east, there are two artificial lakes in the Ambe Valley project, and then they are then flowing into the Mulshi reservoir. At the top of the Korigad fort, there are two lakes. There is also a shrine of Goddess Koradevi along with several smaller temples dedicated to Vishnu and Shiva. It has six cannons, the largest of which is near the korai Devi temple called Lakshmi Cannon. The special part of the fort is that its wall is completely intact and can be operated on its entire perimeter. Remains of many old objects still exist inside the fort. It was recently renovated and have a three-foot-high Deepmala. Its magnificent gate is also intact.
Height: 3,028 feet
Visiting Time: 9:00 AM- 6:00 PM
Time Duration: 3 to 4 Hours
Entry Fees: No entry fees